Monday, June 7, 2010

Playing catch up (rest of 2009)…

So, as you can tell I haven’t blogged in over a year. I’m just kicking myself that I haven’t been keeping up with this since so many things have happened this past year.

I’ll just do a brief update of what’s been going on in the Shawver household this past year.

*July 7, 2009 was our 2 year anniversary. (As you can tell, I’m am very pregnant.)

031

*Cameron and I moved to Cumberland Gap, TN in July shortly after our trip to Williamsburg (which is where the pic. above was taken) for Cameron to attend medical school at Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM).

018 (2) 

^ Our house that we are renting for a couple years.

*August 27, 2009 at 1:39 pm our beautiful daughter Madalyn Grace was born weighing 7 lb 12.4 oz and 21 inches long.

064

*October 2009-Madalyn’s first Halloween.

020 

^ This was taken at the Cumberland Gap Ward Halloween party.

034

^ This is Madalyn on Halloween before we went to a party at our good friends (The Sclater’s) house.

*November 2009 we had a Thanksgiving feast at Cameron’s parents house with his parents, sister and (now) husband and kids, brother and wife, my parents and grandma. It was a great meal and we had the best time with family.

fam photo

^ Cameron’s parents house.

*With an extended family you get multiple opportunities to celebrate Christmas.

-The first Christmas we had was with my Grandma Dot, sister (Lauren), and parents.

Cameron got a fun “doctor” game

054

Grandpa and Madalyn

019 - Copy

Love this picture of Madalyn!

030

4 generations of cute girls :)

032 - Copy

It snowed for Madalyn’s 1st Christmas!

038

-The second Christmas we had was with Cameron’s parents, brother (Chris) and wife (Courtnie), sister (Kim) and (now) husband (Brian) and their kids at our house in Cumberland Gap.

Madalyn with her Nana and Papa (Cameron’s parents)

126

Madalyn’s 1st baby doll from her Aunt Kim.

084

Madalyn with her cute Christmas dress that Aunt Lauren bought her.

079

-The final Christmas we had was in Michigan with my dad’s side of the family. We go there every year for Christmas, it’s a great time to catch up with my extended family.

 

This is a short version of what went on in our lives from the middle of 2009 to the end. I had that I didn’t have a journal of everything that has happened since Madalyn has been born so this is my attempt to be better at journaling the memories that should last a lifetime. The beginnings of 2010 to come soon. :)

1 comment:

  1. Your posts are so cute! Hopefully blogging is something you get addicted to just like babysteals. The green and bright red were a little hard to read. I had to highlight the text to see what it said. Other than that you look like a blog pro just like Jenn or Amber

    ReplyDelete